The Alpha Course - FOR ADULTS ONLY (18+)
The Alpha Course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed, non-threatening manner during ten thought-provoking weekly sessions. There is a meal served at the beginning of each session which gives you an opportunity to make new friends. Listen, learn, discuss and discover....and ask anything! Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
Everyone is welcome. People attend for a wide variety of reasons. Some want to investigate whether God exists and if there is any point to life; others are concerned about what happens after death. Still others may have attended church on and off all their lives but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith.
People come from many different backgrounds, holding many different viewpoints - but all come with the same objective: to establish whether Jesus Christ has any real relevance for their lives. Alpha is offered 3 times a year (fall, winter and spring). Each session is 8 weeks in length and concludes with a Celebration Night when participants have the chance to bring two guests who may benefit from Alpha.
Upcoming Alpha Sessions
This 8-week course is offered three times a year:
- Winter: February 15, 2017 (no new registration accepted after February 22)
- Wednesday evenings at 6:30-8:30 PM
- Come early the first week at 6:00 PM
- We can only hold your spot until 6:25 PM the first week; after which your registered spot may be given to someone else
- Calvary Temple Banquet Hall; 440 Hargrave Street
- Located in the basement of the main santuary building
- Free parking at the back of the church building
- There is no cost to you for this course
- Meals are provided for this course. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of meals prepared we cannot accommodate any special dietary meal request.
Who Would Benefit:
- Those who want to investigate the Christian faith in a safe environment
- Those seeking spiritually
- Newcomers to the church
- Click here to register
- On Wednesdays, CT offers children's clubs. that run at the same time as Alpha. You can register your children to the clubs at Alpha on the first two weeks only.
- Childcare for children under 3 years old is not provided
- Only your own children can register to Alpha. Other children coming with you will have to go directly to their clubs
- Boys ages 6-7 registered in Tree Climbers Club, must come accompanied by their father/male guardian
Helpful Website Links
|More Info? You can also visit the Alpha Canada website for more information about Alpha -- Click on the box below.
Click here to register
For Current Course Registrants:
Did you miss a week of Alpha?