Upcoming Alpha Sessions
This 13-Week Course is offered twice a year:
- September 11, 2013
- January 15, 2014
- Wednesday evenings at 6:30-8:30 PM
- Come early the first week at 6:00 PM
- We can only hold your spot until 6:25 PM the first week; after which your registered spot may be given to someone else
- Calvary Temple Banquet Hall; 440 Hargrave ST
- Located in the basement of the santuary building
- Free parking at the back of the church building
- There is no cost to you for this course
- Meals are provided for this course. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of meals prepared we cannot accommodate any special dietary meal request.
Who Would Benefit:
- Those who want to investigate the Christian faith in a safe environment
- Those seeking spiritually
- Newcomers to the church
- Click here to register
Helpful Website Links
Check Out These Alpha Clips
Description of the Alpha Course
The Alpha Course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith in a relaxed, non-threatening manner during ten thought-provoking weekly sessions. There is a meal served at the beginning of each session which gives you an opportunity to make new friends. Listen, learn, discuss and discover....and ask anything! Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile.
Everyone is welcome. People attend for a wide variety of reasons. Some want to investigate whether God exists and if there is any point to life; others are concerned about what happens after death. Still others may have attended church on and off all their lives but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith.
People come from many different backgrounds, holding many different viewpoints - but all come with the same objective: to establish whether Jesus Christ has any real relevance for their lives. There are 2 semesters a year (fall and winter). Each semester is 13 weeks in length and concludes with a Celebration Night when participants have the chance to bring two guests who may benefit from Alpha.
Calvary Temple offers children's clubs (Seekers, Guardians and Brigades) in which you may enroll your children (ages 3-17). These clubs also run on Wednesday evenings.
- Parents can enroll their children in the clubs at Alpha on the first two weeks only
- Alpha starts at 6:30 pm, and the clubs start at 7:00 pm. Therefore, all children of Alpha parents will also be fed dinner prior to their club starts (7:00 pm)
- After dinner, all children will be taken to their respective club -- a sheet with all room locations will be given to parents at the time of registration
- Parents can pick up their children at their club after Alpha (8:30 pm)
- Parents with small children MUST enroll their children in the clubs/nursery as children CANNOT stay with their moms during the course
- The Alpha children can stay enrolled in the clubs at no cost for three weeks only; after which, it is the responsibility of the parents to pay the registration fee for the clubs (see clubs' fee details in the links below)
- There is NO other childcare options (other than the clubs) offered for ages 3-17, therefore children MUST be enrolled in the clubs
- Children ages 6-7 enrolled in Tree Climbers Club MUST bring a male adult/guardian along to enroll in this program
- Nursery is available for ages 0-2 ONLY
For more information about Children's Clubs at Calvary Temple click on the links below:
|More Info? You can also visit the Alpha Canada website for more information about Alpha -- Click on the box below.
Click here to register
For Current Course Registrants:
Did you miss a week of Alpha?
Nicky Gumbel's Videos:
Week 6: Why and how should I read my Bible?
- Bible ready plans uniquely geared for your stage of spiritual development: Click here
- If you are interested in reading the Bible through in one year: Click here